My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 1 seconds. If not, visit
http://www.vivatveritas.com/blog/
and update your bookmarks.

January 26, 2011

Inspiration: Primark Spring 2011

Primark Spring 2011 via calvintage.
Wow, I love this collection so much. Everything looks so fresh and new after gray and black dominant winter collections.

I am inspired by the top left dress, and hoping that I will be able to find similar fabric to make a dress like that sometime!
I also like how conservative and classy these clothes are - the neckline is higher and those pink and beige pleated skirts have moderate length. It seems a bit hard to pull off the below knee length skirt, but I certainly want to try this Spring.

Wide leg pants are in my to-sew list as well. I think Bella pattern from Burdastyle fits the bill. I already have pattern downloaded and cut out. Unfortunately high waisted design is not really working for my pregnant body, so I have to wait for a bit until I give birth!

8 comments:

Emily said...

I love these colors and the knee length dresses! You'll look awesome in wide legged trousers.

Anonymous said...

love the first two, and the last dresses on the left column!!! i am a sucker for border prints!

Chie - Vivat Veritas said...

>Emily

I can't wait to wear wide legged pants! It will be nice change from leggings and tights i've been wearing almost everyday:)

>jue

i love border prints too! btw did you ever get to use the gray and black stripes you got online? i'd love to see what you made with it!

Claire (aka Seemane) said...

I've been seeing that Primark dress (top left) everywhere here in the UK magazines. It's only £17-£18 GBP ($27-29 USD), however having shopped in their stores quite a bit over the years I CAN say that their quality, fit & workmanship leave a lot to be desired LOL! So, they are best for inspiration (& they do come up with some really nice styles etc.) because even a novice like me can often produce something of a better fit & finish that Primark :)

Cylia said...

haven't been to Primark for a while now! maybe it;s time for another look when spring is arriving:)

Chie - Vivat Veritas said...

>claire

i had no idea primark stuff was so cheap! but looking at their website, it does not seem like they have online shop.. too bad, i would have love to order some from them.

>Cylia

im jealous that you can get your hands on primark stuff! living in europe?

Claire (aka Seemane) said...

Hi Chie,
Yup - Primark don't sell anything online. Basically, they have soooo many new & different styles arriving in to their stores each week that everything sells out too quickly! The queues for the cash desk can be very long & tiring sometimes (I'm glad I've given up shopping in there LOL!).

(P.S. Thank you for the lovely comment on my blog :)!

Erin Cathleen said...

I would raid this entire collection if I could. Thank you for sharing!