My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 1 seconds. If not, visit
http://www.vivatveritas.com/blog/
and update your bookmarks.

October 20, 2009

diy leopard skirt

When I have some sewing idea, I get so jittery until I get it done. So, tada! I finished it. It was an easy & simple project. I cut the hem of the dress straight along with its lining, and added waist elastic to make the skirt.

I still think it is too much leopard for me. Maybe I should incorporate the leopard trend of this year in more subtle way, like jewelry and accessories and stuff.
Are you a leopard print fan??

6 comments:

X said...

Thanks for your comment, I hope you continue with your outfit so pretty.
Greetings

Haute World said...

Gorgeous DIY! Love the transformation from dress to skirt. I don't think this is too much leopard. The dress might have been. I personally am careful with this trend as well, but I think you balanced it very well with this outfit. Great blog by the way :)

Akazukin said...

Good job! Like I said, I am not a leopard print fan but I am starting to think it depends on how you wear it and who wears it. Cheap looking accessories and bad make-up can bring the taste level down in a hurry. I wouldn't worry, IMHO you're looking sophisticated.

Karencilla said...

it is a great DIY! i love how it turned out!

PS about the rings, well they are from different stores and some of them are gifts, other antiques from my family!

Chie - Vivat Veritas said...

vicen, thank you for the feature! xoxo

the haute-shopper - thank you:) i always feel a bit uneasy when i wear leopard though. im just not used to wearing that pattern i guess.

akazukin chan, i completely agree! that is my biggest fear of leopard prints - i dont want to look like a prostitute.

karen, i love your ring collection so much. i love statement rings!

Marita Bliss said...

I'm not really a leopard print fan, but the was your using it makes it adorable ♥ I want a leopard-print skirt too now x) haha.

Love the was you remade the top, the skirt is so cute !