My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 1 seconds. If not, visit
http://www.vivatveritas.com/blog/
and update your bookmarks.

October 12, 2010

Hats!


I borrowed this book from the public library the other day. It is a Japanese book, titled, "Otenbana Boushi" (おてんばな帽子)by Yumiko Itoyama (糸山弓子). I like this book, because all the projects are sewing projects, not knitting. I would love to be able to knit and crochet, but I don't have enough patience - compared to sewing, I feel like knitting takes soo long, time wise.

I think I can use old sweater to make the hats, especially the two hats in the bottom pictures. I wish I didn't take all my old clothes to recycle shop! I got rid of a bunch of clothes when I moved two months ago:(

The same author has two other books about hats: "Wagamamana Boushi" (わがままな帽子)and "Oshaberina Boushi"(おしゃべりな帽子). I would love to check these books out too!

3 comments:

Samantha Nandez said...

I'm looking forward to fuzzy hat season :D

Emily said...

I'd love to see your hats! I had to give up crocheting b/c it was making my carpal tunnel syndrome worse. I've made the happy switch to sewing now. :) BTW I've got some extra yarn if you're interested in picking up some knitting or crocheting.

Chie - Vivat Veritas said...

>emily

im so sorry you had to give up your crocheting:( im glad that you found sewing though. i want to crochet and knit more this winter!