My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 1 seconds. If not, visit
http://www.vivatveritas.com/blog/
and update your bookmarks.

March 8, 2010

Heart print

This dress was my last week's creation. I did not get much sewing done last week. I don't know what my time were spent on, but the week just flew by without me getting much done.

So this dress. I used the same pattern as my cowboy dress for the top part. But while I was making the dress, I totally forgot to gather the shoulder part, so the dress ended up being a bit bigger than my cowboy dress. Since the shoulder parts were so wide, I took a piece of fabric and wrapped the shoulder part around and gather it to make it a bit narrow. Sorry it's not showing in the pictures.
And the skirt part. I wanted to add a circle skirt for this one, and I thought I drafted it just right, but after I sewed the skirt part into the top part, I realized it wasn't really a circle skirt any more, because it left this interesting drapes on the sides. I don't know what I did wrong, but it was not circle. But I kinda like the drapes on the sides! Sometimes mistakes brings some uniqueness...
The fabric was one of my recent purchases from Nippori fabric row. When I went there two weeks ago, I only had 10 minutes before the stores closed. Those fabric stores close so early! So I had to pick whatever the fabric that attracted my eyes.
This fabric was just perfect, with tiny white harts all over the orange background color.

4 comments:

Pretty Little World said...

This is such a cute dress!!

Erin Cathleen said...

Such a great color, too! And thank you for your comment. That striped dress was just too good to pass up! And I love denim button-downs, too. I've been on a hunt for the perfect one....

Chie - Vivat Veritas said...

hey erin, thank you for your comment! im hoping to find a denim button down at a thrift store! we'll see how my hunt goes:p

Sholpana said...

so pretty!heart print is so romantic n color is neutral.
wish u luck!!!