My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 1 seconds. If not, visit
http://www.vivatveritas.com/blog/
and update your bookmarks.

October 15, 2009

A-Plus, A-Line

Remember I wrote about thinking about entering the A-Plus, A-Line contest? Here is my variation! I bought this fabric for the contest 2 weeks ago, but I procrastinated so much. I worked on it about two hours for like three days. It felt like it took forever to make this skirt. Actually I am not even done yet...The lining hem is not done, and button hole in the back suspenders are not made. I worked on it till 12pm last night and passed out! I took these pictures early this morning so I can send them to BurdaStyle. I know, these are not the best pictures, but I didn't have enough time...:(

Besides the fact that it is not completely done, I love how it turned out. When I designed this skirt, I wanted to incorporate three things. One, violet color (from Andy's request), two, high waist, and three, suspenders. Suspender idea came from my little sister. She had a baggy pants with suspenders, and I really needed a little twist to a relatively boring A-line skirt. I was tempted to put a big bow in front, instead of matching buttons, but my sister stopped me. She says I use bow too much.

The back suspenders a criss crossed. I added two pockets on the side, and lined with black lining fabric. Wearing it with a limited white long-T and bandolino sandals and black tights.
To me, I don't really care about the result of the contest. I am more interested in being almost forced (although I chose to enter it myself) to create a garment according to a set theme, by the deadline. I think by doing it, I come up with designs that I naturally don't come up with.

7 comments:

Samantha Nandez said...

I think I like the suspenders idea more too, very cute!

::HARUNA:: said...

love the suspenders and the buttons!
very cute and perfect for the fall :)
good luck with the contest!

Rohini said...

That is super-freakin'-adorable! Feel free to pass it on to me anytime soon. ;)

Xx

Chie - Vivat Veritas said...

thank you all:)

Anonymous said...

Adorable. Suspenders are incredible on anyone.

Angela said...

Oooo... I really like the suspenders! I think I'm going to have try that, too!

Becca said...

perfect skir!